(1) The section election commission within Bulgaria shall:
1. implement the activities for the application of this Code and the statutory instruments related thereto at the polling site and in the area of the voting section;
2. assist to the arrangement of the polling site according to the requirements of this Code and with a view to ensuring access to voting by visually impaired persons or persons with ambulant difficulties;
3. ensure the free and peaceful conduct of the voting in the voting section;
4. count the votes for the candidate lists upon all types of elections; count the preferences for the candidates of parties and coalitions upon elections of National Representatives, of Members of the European Parliament for the Republic of Bulgaria and of municipal councillors; prepare a tally sheet on the voting result in the voting section and deliver the said tally sheet to the constituency election commission or to the municipal election commission within 24 hours after completion of the voting;
5. deliver the rest of the papers and materials to the municipal administration within the time limit referred to in Item 4;
6. examine all complaints and alerts about irregularities affecting the election process in accordance with the powers thereof and pronounce on any such complaints and alerts by a decision forthwith and before the closing of the polls; the decision shall be communicated immediately to the complainant or the whistle blower;
7. declare the voting results in a generally accessible place in front of the voting section by displaying the copy of the signed tally sheet referred to in Article 282 (6) or Article 441 (6) herein for the respective type of election;
8. provide, upon signed acknowledgement, the members of the commission, the candidates, the election agents, the representatives of the parties, coalitions and nomination committees and the observers with a copy of the signed tally sheet on the respective type of election showing the voting results in the voting section, stamped on each page with the seal of the commission and signed by the chairperson, the deputy chairperson and the secretary.
(2) The activities shall be distributed among the members of the section election commission by a decision in writing upon the opening of the polls.
(3) The directions of the chairperson of the section election commission shall be binding upon all citizens at the polling site. Such directions may be revoked or modified by a decision of the section election commission.
(4) A decision of the section election commission related to barring a voter from voting shall be in writing and shall be served on the person concerned. Any such decision may be disputed before the constituency election commission or the municipal election commission, which shall pronounce forthwith.