If an election to the Riksdag has been held at the same time as another election, the election to the Riksdag shall be counted first. For each kind of election, the count shall be conducted in the following way:
1. The ballot box shall be emptied and the vote envelopes counted. The number of voters who participated in the election according to the electoral roll shall be counted.
2. The ballot papers shall be taken out of the vote envelopes. If a vote envelope contains more than one ballot paper, the ballot papers shall not be approved and shall be re-inserted into the envelope.
3. A ballot paper that may be assumed to be invalid under Chapter 13, Section 7, first paragraph, point 1 or 3 shall not be approved.
4. A ballot paper that may be assumed to be invalid under any of the grounds referred to in Chapter 13, Section 7 shall not be approved and shall be re-inserted into its vote envelope.
5. Ballot papers and vote envelopes referred to in points 2–4 shall be inserted into special covers.
6. The ballot papers that are approved shall be sorted into groups by party denomination. The number of ballot papers in each group shall be counted. The ballot papers for each party shall then be inserted into special covers.
7. Covers under points 5 and 6 shall be sealed.
The result of the counting of votes shall be noted in the record as referred to in Chapter 9, Section 16.