1. All citizens, who have the right to vote and are registered in a given community, as well as the citizens who reside temporarily or permanently in a given community but have no registration, but who have not later than 5 days before the day of voting submitted an application to the community leader on the inclusion of their name and last name in the voter lists, in the manner prescribed by the Central Electoral Commission, are necessarily included in the voter lists.
Every person who has the right to vote in the elections to local self-governing bodies shall, on common basis be included in the voters’ lists during the elections to local self-governing bodies.
The military servicemen who are performing their military service or participating in the military training and who have not been taken off the records prior to being drafted for military service, cannot be included in the voters’ lists during the elections to local self-governing bodies and National Assembly elections under majoritarian system.
2. The lists of voters under detention are compiled by the head of that institution, with the participation of the member of the Territorial Electoral Commission, 3 days prior to the day of voting.
3. During the Presidential elections and the National Assembly elections under proportional system, the military and the members of their families, who have the right to vote, residing on the territory where the military units are located, with the exception of the military units situated at least 50 kilometers away from the nearest settlement, are included in the voter lists of the relevant electoral precinct (on the territory of which the unit is located), based on the data submitted on a general basis by the administration of the military unit.
4. The military that reside outside the military unit and have the right to vote are included in the voter lists on a general basis.
5. Voter lists of the military units situated at least fifty kilometers away from the nearest settlement are compiled by the chief of the military unit and submitted to the relevant Territorial Commission not later than 20 days prior to the day of voting.
(Amend. of April 21, 2000 LA-47; July 31, 2002 LA-406-P)
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).