1. For the purpose of organization of voting and vote count, Precincts are formed, which are numerated consecutively.
2. Local self-governing bodies form Precincts in communities, not later than 45 days prior to the day of voting, taking into consideration local and other conditions, with the intention of creating most favorable conditions for exercising by voters of their electoral rights.
3. The heads of military units located up to 50 kilometers away from the nearest settlement submit the number of the registered voters of their military units to the respective community leaders at least 45 days prior to the voting day.
4. In the procedure established by the Central Electoral Commission, precincts are formed in foreign countries – at the Diplomatic and Consular Missions of the Republic of Armenia, with the exception of elections of local self- governing bodies and the National Assembly majoritarian elections. Electoral precincts are also formed at the institutions that have the authority for detention of citizens, in accordance with the procedure established by the Central Electoral Commission.
5. 40 days prior to the day of voting electoral precincts are formed in military units that are situated at least 50 kilometers away from the nearest settlement. These precincts are formed by the units’ heads.
6. A precinct covers not more than 2,000 voters.
7. A precinct cannot comprise of residential areas of different communities.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).