1. The Territorial Electoral Commission functions on a permanent basis, and in accordance with the procedure adopted by the Central Electoral Commission has the status of a legal person. Territorial Electoral Commission
1) organizes the training of the persons included in Precinct Electoral Commissions;
2) Controls the means of the state budget allocated for the preparation and conduct of elections,
3) Upon the presentation of the community leader approves the precincts, stating the latter’s place of voting (precinct center). This information is transferred to the Central Electoral Commission within 2 days;
4) In conformity with the procedure established by the Central Electoral Commission determines the consecutive numbers of constituencies of precincts and local self-governing bodies;
5) Provides the Precinct Electoral Commissions with necessary material and technical means, election documentation; in the established procedure organizes events required for preparation and conduct of elections, oversees the provision of the Precinct Electoral Commissions with buildings, furniture, means of transportation, communication and other necessary means.
6) Informs the Central Electoral Commissions on its own activity and that of the Precinct Electoral Commissions;
7) Considers applications and complaints received about the decisions and actions of Precinct Electoral Commissions, reviews or eliminates the decisions of Precinct Electoral Commissions that contradict this Code;
8) Makes public the preliminary results of elections by precincts, based on the data of protocols of Precinct Electoral Commissions;
9) Clarifies and summarizes the election results and submits them to the Central Electoral Commissions and in the cases envisaged by the law – conducts verification;
10) Declares the day of elections to local self-governing bodies;
11) Follows the compilation of voter lists by the community leader and their display in precincts for public inspection;
12) Ensures the preparation of precinct centers, voting booths, ballots, as well as other means required for voting;
13) Accredits the representatives of mass media that have submitted applications;
14) registers the candidates running in National Assembly majoritarian elections and issues them a certificate of the sample approved by the Central Electoral Commission; in the cases envisaged by the law recognizes their registration as out of force or invalid; issues to representatives of candidates nominated for the community leader or council member, certificates of proxies, in the amount envisaged by the law;
15) Registers and issues certificates to the candidates nominated for the community leader and council member;
16) clarifies, summarizes and approves the results of elections to local self-governing bodies; in the cases prescribed by the law conducts verifications, recognizes the elections as held, invalid or not held;
17) Summarizes the results of the elections of the community leader and council member;
18) Issues certificates to the elected community leaders and council members;
19) Clarifies and summarizes the results of the presidential elections, the National Assembly proportional and majoritarian elections, as well as the results of elections to local self-governing bodies, and with exception of the results of the elections to local self-governing bodies, submits them to the Central Electoral Commission.
20) Oversees the process of implementation of this Code by Precinct Electoral Commissions;
21) Applies to competent state bodies in the event of violation of this code;
22) Performs other powers envisaged by this Code.