1. The voter makes a note identical to one approved by the Central Electoral Commission in the ballot in front of the name of the candidate (party), whom he/she is voting for. If the voter is against all the candidates (parties), he/she makes a note on the line "I'M AGAINST ALL", after the names of candidates (parties).
2. When voting for one candidate (party), the voter makes a note in front of the words "I'M FOR", if he/she votes for, and in front of the words "I'M AGAINST", if he/she votes against.
3. Citizens, who are unable to fill in the ballot independently, have the right to invite another person into the voting booth, who shall not be a proxy or a member of the electoral commission. Except for the above-mentioned case, the presence of other persons in the voting booth while filling in the ballot is prohibited.
4. The voter comes out of the voting booth with his filled-out ballot folder four times and approaches the ballot box. The person responsible for the ballot box opens the ballot box slot and allows the voter to drop his/her ballot paper into the ballot box.
5. During the voting, all cases of violation of the voting procedure established by this Code, upon the request of two members of the commission or two proxies, as well as all the decisions of the Precinct Electoral Commission are recorded in the register.
(Amend. of March 23, 1999 LA-286; July 31, 2002 LA-406-P)
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).