1. Citizens of the Republic of Armenia, who have attained the age of 18 years, shall have the right to elect in the Republic of Armenia. In local self-government elections, the right to elect shall also belong to persons who are registered in and have been actually living in the respective community for at least one year.
The rights and obligations of citizens of the Republic of Armenia, accorded by this Code during local self-government elections, shall also apply to persons who do not have citizenship of the Republic of Armenia, and who have the right to elect.
3. Citizens’ electoral rights shall be regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia and this Code.
4. People with disabilities, as well as voters who have difficulties participating in elections, shall present themselves at precinct centers and participate in the voting process in accordance with procedure established by the Central Electoral Commission.
5. Citizens who have been recognized as incapacitated by a court ruling, as well as those that have been sentenced to imprisonment by a court ruling that has entered into legal force and are currently serving their prison terms, may not elect and be elected.
6. Citizens who are considered military servicemen performing their military service or taking part in military exercises may not participate in local self-government elections and National Assembly elections under majoritarian system.
7. Individuals registered in the Republic of Armenia and holding the citizenship of the Republic of Armenia and, simultaneously, that of another country, shall vote during elections according to the procedure set forth by this law. Individuals not registered in the Republic of Armenia and holding the citizenship of the Republic of Armenia and, simultaneously, that of another country, shall not be eligible to vote during elections.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).