Seats, given to lists having the same nomination in distribution at the national level, shall be assigned to lists in the constituencies that are left with the highest remainder of votes in proportion to the quotient in the constituency according to Article 90 hereof. If all seats in a constituency are distributed, the seat shall be assigned to the list in a constituency in which the list has the next highest remainder of votes in proportion to the quotient in the constituency. Candidates from the lists of candidates shall be elected in accordance with Article 91 hereof.
Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding paragraph, not more than half the seats received by the lists having the same nomination through distribution at the national level shall be assigned to the candidates from these lists in the order determined by the proposer in accordance with the first paragraph of Article 43 hereof, and shall be submitted to the republic electoral commission by a due term as determined in Article 54 hereof.
(see note (2) at the end of this Act)
(2) The Constitutional Act on the Amendment of the Article 80 of the Act of the Constitution of the Republic of Slovenia (UZ80) (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia. No. 66-3052/2000), published on 26. July 2000, in force from 25. July 2000. provides:
In the Constitution of the Republic of Slovenia (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, no. 33/91-I and 42/97), a new, fifth paragraph is added to the Article 80, which provides:
“Deputies, except the deputies of the national communities, are elected by the principle of the proportionate representation at the four per cent electoral threshold for the access to the National Assembly, and the voters’ influence is decisive for the assignment of the seats to the candidates.”
In the year 2000 and until the enforcement of the changes of the act, which regulates the elections into the National Assembly, the elections of the deputies into the National Assembly are implemented according to the National Assembly Elections Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, no. 44/92, 60/95, 67/97 – decision US), by taking into account that:
- by the assignment of the seats, the lists of candidates, which have had less than four per cent of the votes in the whole country, are not taken into consideration;
- by the assignment of the seats in a constituency, Droop’s quotient is used, according to Article 90 of this Act;
- by the assignment of the seats on the national level, according to the Article 92 of this Act, the sums of the votes, given to the lists having the same nomination, lodged in two or more constituencies, are taken into consideration, by giving to the lists having the same nomination a number of seats equal to the difference between the number of seats, given by sums of the votes on the national level, and the number of seats, which they got in the constituencies;
- by the assignment of the seats on the national level the second paragraph of the Article 93 of this Act does not apply.
This constitutional act enters into force with its announcement in the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia.