Annulment of a Presidential Candidate’s Registration
1. A presidential candidate’s registration shall be annulled, if:
1) he or she has lost his/her electoral rights;
2) he or she has submitted a letter of self-withdrawal;
3) he or she has died;
4) he or she has violated the requirements of Paragraph 8 of Article 18 of this Code;
5) he or she has violated the requirements of Paragraph 7 of Article 25 of this Code.
2. If a presidential candidate’s registration is annulled, his or her electoral deposit (except in the case of the candidate’s death) and the money left in his or her pre-election fund shall be transferred to the state budget. If the candidate’s registration is annulled because of his or her death, the electoral deposit shall be transferred to the candidate’s heirs.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).