Article 19. Formation of Electoral Precincts, Referendum Precincts
1. Electoral precincts, referendum precincts shall be formed to conduct voting and count votes.
2. Electoral precincts, referendum precincts shall be formed by the head of a municipality with the concurrence of the relevant commissions, referendum commissions (if the charter of the municipality does not provide for such office, by a person authorized to do so by the representative body of local self-government), or the persons indicated in Clauses 3 and 6 of this article, by the relevant commissions in accordance with the procedure provided for in Clause 5 of this article, on the basis of the data concerning on the number of voters, referendum participants registered on the territory of the electoral precinct, referendum precinct in accordance with Clause 4, Article 16 of this Federal Law, with not more than 3 thousand voters, referendum participants per precinct. Electoral precincts, referendum precincts shall be formed not later than 45 days prior to voting day.
3. For citizens of the Russian Federation staying outside the territory of the Russian Federation, electoral precincts, referendum precincts shall be formed by the hHeads of diplomatic or consular missions of the Russian Federation on the territory of the country where they stay. The provisions regarding the number of voters, referendum participants set forth in Clause 2 of this article shall not apply if electoral precincts, referendum precincts are formed outside the territory of the Russian Federation.
4. The boundaries of electoral precincts shall not cross the boundaries of electoral districts. The procedures for assigning electoral precincts formed outside the territory of the Russian Federation to electoral districts formed for elections of federal bodies of state power shall be set by a federal law.
5. In places where voters, referendum participants temporarily stay (hospitals, sanatoriums, holiday hotels, detention centers for suspected or accused persons, and other places of temporary stay of voters), in remote areas and hard-to-reach areas, on ships at sea on voting day and at polar stations, electoral precincts, referendum precincts may be formed within the periods set forthindicated in Clause 2 of this article, and in exceptional cases and upon approval by the higher commission, not later than 5 days before voting day. Such electoral precincts shall be included in electoral districts where the electoral precincts are located or where the ships are registered. At elections to elections of bodies of state power of a subject of the Russian Federation, to bodies of local self-government, in at a referendum of a subject of the Russian Federation, a local referendum, the law of the subject of the Russian Federation may prescribe a different procedure for assignment of precincts established at ships that are at sea on voting day to electoral districts, referendum districts. In hard-to-reach or remote areas, electoral precincts, referendum precincts may be set established by a higher commission with concurrence ofwith the concurrence of the captain of the ship, the head of the polar station, heads of organizations located in hard-to-reach or remote areas.
6. Servicemen shall vote in regular electoral precincts, referendum precincts. In military units, electoral precincts, referendum precincts may be formed by commanders of such military units in the cases, and in thea procedure and at the time established by law.
7. Lists of electoral precincts, referendum precincts indicating their boundaries and numbers, location of precinct commissions, and polling stationsvoting premises shall be published by the head of a municipality (in the eventif no such office is provided for by the charter of the municipality, by a person authorized to do so by the representative body of local self-government) no later thannot later than 40 days before voting day. The procedure for providing the said information to voters, referendum participants in the circumstances described in Clauses 3 and 5 of this article is shall be established by law.