Procedure for Summarization of Referendum Results In the Central Commission
1. Not later than 28 hours after the voting has been completed, the preliminary results of referendum based on the preliminary results from the Regional Territorial Commissions are published by the Central Commission, including the total number of the eligible voters in the lists, the number of ballots for, the number of ballots against, the total turn out, and the number of inaccuracies.
2. Not later than 72 hours after the voting has been completed, the CEC calls a session, which can be attended by the eligible people, based on the final results of the referendum in Regions, and in case of complaints in the Court or Regional Territorial Commissions not later than in seven six days, complies the summary protocol of the referendum entering:
a. The total number of the eligible voters by the voter lists
b. The number of registered voters, who have received ballots, according to the signatures.
c. The number of ballots allotted to the precinct commissions
d. The number of cancelled ballots
e. The number of valid ballots in the ballot box
f. The number of invalid ballots in the ballot box
g. The number of ballots “for”
h. The number of ballots “against”
i. The number of inaccuracies
3. The protocol is signed by members of commission attending the session, and it is sealed by the Chairman.
4. If a member of the commission has a special opinion on a data in the protocol, he/she makes a remark next to his/her signature and submits his/her written opinion which is attached to the protocol.
5. If a member of the commission refuses to sign the protocol, a protocol thereof a relevant remark is made in the protocol.
6. The Chairman of the Central Commission or a member of a commission pointed by the Chairman gives information on the current referendum results every 3 hours after the voting is completed on the Public TV. Within 3 hours after taking a decision on the results of the referendum the Chairman of the Central Commission or a member of the commission pointed by the Chairman officially announces the final results of referendum live on Public TV.
7. Before the announcement of the preliminary results of the referendum the sessions of Central Commission shall not be terminated.
8. Upon the request of an observer, he/she is given the copies of the summary protocol of referendum ratified by the signature of the Chairman or the Secretary and the seal of the commission.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).