(1) A separate bank account shall be established in each electoral region by the district State administration office located in the city or town where the electoral region shall have its headquarters, and specifically in the case of the Central Bohemian electoral region the bank account shall be established by the Prague-West district administration office, in the case of the Prague electoral region the bank account shall be established by the Prague municipal authorities, and in the case of electoral regions having their headquarters in the cities of Brno, Ostrava, and Plzeå the bank account shall be established by the municipal authorities of each city (hereinafter "District State Administration Office in the Seat of Electoral Region"). Such bank accounts shall be established no later than the day on which the regional election boards shall have been constituted.
(2) Each Political Party or coalition whose list of candidates was duly registered in the electoral region shall deposit a security amounting to two hundred thousand KŸ in the bank account specified in the foregoing Paragraph 1 of this Article. This deposit shall be made within three days following the notification of registration (Article 34, Paragraph 1 hereinbefore), and no later than two days following the deposit, the fact shall be communicated by the Political Party or coalition to the regional election board in the electoral region where the deposit was made. The deposit shall be made by the Political Party or coalition in each electoral region in which the party/coalition list of candidates was duly registered.
(3) The printing of ballots shall not be undertaken unless the deposit, on which it is contingent, has been made, and should a Political Party fail to pay the deposit, its lists of candidates shall not be printed to become ballots.
(4) Regional election boards shall refund the deposit to each Political Party or coalition no later than one month following the declaration of the election results provided the Political Party or coalition has accrued enough votes to qualify for the first scrutiny (Article 49 herein below). Deposits that shall not be refunded shall be deemed to be the receipts of the national budget.
(5) The Ministry of Finance shall lay down specific legal regulations providing for particulars in respect of the manner in which the security deposited will be refunded.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).