1. Special institutions comprise a separate polling unit. The voting centre in these institutions is to be established even when they house 15 to 100 voters.
2. In prisons and places of pre-trial detention, for elections to the Assembly, 40 days prior to the voting date, the director of the institution prepares the voter list and delivers it to the mayor of the local government unit in whose territory the special institution is located.
3. In prisons and places of pre-trial detention, for elections for local government units, 40 days prior to the election date, the director of the institution prepares a list of voters with residence in the electoral unit where the institution is located and delivers it to the mayor of the respective local government unit.
4. The mayor of the local government unit, within 5 days of receiving the list according to point 2 or 3 of this article, includes on the voter list of his unit the names of the voters in prisons and places of pre-trial detention and sends them to the General Directorate of Civil Status, which within 5 days of receiving them, is to notify the respective local government units of the residence of these voters to delete their names from the voter list of their residence.
5. In hospitals and other healthcare institutions that accept patients for more than 10 days, the procedures provided in points 2 and 3 of this article are completed 30 days prior to the election date.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).