§ 40. Voting in Estonia by voters residing in foreign states
(1) A voter residing in a foreign state who has been entered in the list of voters permanently residing in a foreign state and who has not voted pursuant to the procedure provided for in Chapter 8 may vote during advance polls in any polling division designated pursuant to the procedure provided for in the first sentence of subsection 34 (2).
(2) In order to obtain a ballot paper, a voter shall present an identity document to the division committee and shall be entered in the list of voters voting outside the polling division of their residence.
(3) A member of the division committee shall issue a ballot paper and two envelopes to the voter. The voter shall sign the list of voters voting outside the polling division of their residence against the receipt of a ballot paper.
(4) The voter shall complete the ballot paper pursuant to the provisions of subsections 32 (3)-(6).
(5) The voter shall place the ballot paper in one of the envelopes given by the member of the division committee. The voter shall place the envelope with the ballot paper in the other envelope given by the member of the division committee. The voter or the member of the division committee shall write the name, personal identification code and residential address of the voter on the outer envelope. The voter shall deposit the envelope in the ballot box prescribed for the ballot papers of voters voting outside the polling division of their residence.
(6) Upon the verification of voting results, votes cast pursuant to the procedure prescribed in this section shall be taken into account pursuant to the provisions of subsections 41 (1) and (2) and subsections 48 (2)-(6).
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).