(1) Decisions of an election committee shall be adopted at a meeting which shall be convened by the chairman of the committee or, in his or her absence, by the deputy chairman. Minutes shall be taken of committee meetings.
(2) An election committee has a quorum if at least one-half of the membership of the committee is present at the meeting, including the chairman or deputy chairman of the committee. Decisions of the committee shall be adopted by a majority of votes in favour. The dissenting opinion of a member of the committee shall be recorded in the minutes.
(3) The safekeeping and use of the seal of an election committee shall be ensured by the chairman of the committee.
(4) The regulations, decisions and precepts of the National Election Committee shall be binding on county election committees, rural municipality and city election committees, and division committees.
(27.10.98 entered into force 13.11.98 – RT I 1998, 98/99, 1577;
(16.06.99 entered into force 23.06.99 - RT I 1999, 54, 581)
(5) A decision adopted by the rural municipality or city election committee within its scope of competence shall be binding on a division committee.
(6) The proposal of the election committee shall be the basis for suspension of an employment contract or service relationship of a member of the committee or person assisting the committee during the time of organisation of the elections.
(7) (Repealed - 16.06.99 entered into force 23.06.99 - RT I 1999, 54, 581)
(8) (Repealed - 16.06.99 entered into force 23.06.99 - RT I 1999, 54, 581)
(9) Election committee meetings shall be public and the decisions shall be made public.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).