(1) Voting on election day shall open at 9 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
(2) Advance polls shall begin on the sixth day before election day and close on the fourth day before election day. On advance poll days, polling places shall be opened for voting from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
(3) Home voting shall be held on election days in the cases provided for in this Act.
(4) Voting in penal institutions shall be held on advance poll days in the cases provided for in this Act.
(5) In the elections which are held due to the merger of local governments, if such elections are not held at the time specified in subsection 2 (1) of this Act, and in supplementary elections, the provisions of §§ 361 , 362 and 363 of this Act do not apply.
(16.06.99 entered into force 23.06.99 - RT I 1999, 54, 581)
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).