(1) An elector shall vote in the polling division in which he or she is entered in the polling list, except in the cases provided for in §§ 361 and 363 of this Act.
(2) In order to receive a ballot, an elector shall present to the division committee a valid identity and citizenship document, or a valid identity document which is issued by a government agency of Estonia and bears the photograph, the given name and surname of the person. The elector shall sign the polling list against receipt of the ballot.
(3) The elector shall complete the ballot in a voting booth.
(4) The elector shall write the registration number of one candidate in the electoral district of his or her residence in the designated space on the ballot.
(5) The elector shall complete a ballot himself or herself. If an elector, due to physical disability, is unable to complete the ballot himself or herself, he or she may have his or her ballot completed by another person, but not by a candidate in the election district of his or her residence.
(6) If an elector spoils the ballot, he or she has the right to receive a new ballot from the division committee. In such case the elector shall return the spoilt ballot to the division committee.
(7) After completion of the ballot, the elector shall fold the ballot and present it to a member of the division committee. The latter shall affix a seal of the division committee to the outside of the folded ballot.
(8) An elector shall deposit the ballot in the ballot box himself or herself. If an elector, due to physical disability, is unable to deposit the ballot in the ballot box himself or herself, another person may do so at his or her request in the presence of the elector.
(16.06.99 entered into force 23.06.99 - RT I 1999, 54, 581)
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).