(1) Upon elections of National Representatives, of President and Vice President of the Republic and of Members of the European Parliament for the Republic of Bulgaria, non-resident voting certificates shall be issued solely to:
1. the candidates for the respective type of election;
2. the members of the Central Election Commission;
3. (amended, SG No. 39/2016, effective 26.05.2016) the members of the constituency election commissions;
4. the observers.
(2) Non-resident voting certificates shall be issued upon submission of an application completed in a standard form. The persons shall declare in the application that they will vote once only.
(3) Non-resident voting certificates shall be issued by the authorities referred to in Article 23 (1) herein in a single copy not later than 14 days in advance of polling day.
(4) Non-resident voting certificates shall be received in person upon signed acknowledgement or through an authorised representative holding a notarised authorisation.
(5) (Amended, SG No. 98/2014, effective 28.11.2014) The authority referred to in Article 23 (1) herein shall transmit information on the non-resident voting certificates as issued to the Directorate General of Civil Registration and Administrative Services at the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works not later than twelve days in advance of polling day for the automated removal of the person from the electoral rolls according to the permanent address.
(6) Non-resident voting certificates shall not be issued upon elections of municipal councillors and of mayors.
(7) Where, after the issuing of a non-resident voting certificate, the municipal administration exercising jurisdiction over the permanent address of the voter receives a notification of the entry of the said voter on the electoral roll according to the present address, the said administration shall forthwith notify the municipal administration exercising jurisdiction over the present address of the non-resident voting certificate issued. In such case, the voter shall be removed from the electoral roll according to the present address by the municipal administration exercising jurisdiction over the present address, and the grounds for the removal shall be noted in the column designated aNotesa as anon-resident voting certificate issueda.