(1) Voters shall establish the identify thereof to the chairperson or a member of the commission, designated by a decision of the said commission before the opening of the polls, by producing an identity card or, applicable only to voters who have not replaced the personal documents thereof under the terms established by § 9a of the Transitional and Final Provisions of the Bulgarian Personal Documents Act, an internal (green) passport. In the cases where the validity of the internal (green) passport or the identity card has expired or the said passport or card is damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen or in a process of being issued, the voter shall be admitted to voting if he or she presents a certificate of issuing of personal documents.
(2) Voters who vote abroad shall establish the identity thereof by producing a passport, identity card or military identity card according to Items 1 and 2 of Article 13 (1) of the Bulgarian Personal Documents Act. In case the validity of the identity document of the voter has expired, the said voter shall be admitted to voting if he or she presents a certificate issued by the diplomatic mission or consular post of the Republic of Bulgaria to the effect that the said person has submitted an application for the issuance of a new identity document.
(3) Voters voting on board navigation vessels flying the Bulgarian flag shall establish the identity thereof as follows:
1. the passengers: by producing a passport or identity card;
2. the members of the crew: by producing a seafarer's passport.
(4) Pupils and students, in addition to the identity document thereof in the cases referred to in Article 241 herein, shall produce a pupil's or student's card before the section election commission.