(1) Upon pre-term termination of the credentials of a National Representative, the Central Election Commission shall pronounce the candidate ranked next on the respective list [elected as] National Representative.
(2) Where a National Representative, elected on a candidate list of a party or coalition, is elected minister, the said National Representative shall be replaced by the candidate ranked next on the list for the duration of execution of the functions of a minister.
(3) Where there are no more candidates on the list, the seat shall remain vacant until the expiry of the credentials of the National Assembly.
(4) Where there is a candidate who has received valid preferences under the terms established by Article 298 (2) herein but the said candidate has not been pronounced elected, in the cases referred to in Paragraph (1) or (2) the said candidate shall fill the seat of the National Representative whose credentials are terminated or suspended.
(5) Upon pre-term termination of the credential of a National Representative elected as an independent candidate, in the cases other than those referred to in Paragraph (2) the seat thereof shall remain vacant until the expiry of the credentials of the National Assembly.