(1) The names of any citizens, who as at the date of compilation of the electoral rolls have a present address (residence address) in any State which is not a Member State of the European Union, shall be removed from the electoral rolls.
(2) The persons referred to in Paragraph (1) shall be re-entered on the electoral roll at the request thereof by the authorities referred to in Article 23 (1) herein before delivery of the rolls to the section election commissions or, on polling day, by the section election commission, upon presentation of an identity document, a decision referred to in Article 39 herein or a certificate referred to in Article 40 herein and of a declaration completed in a standard form, to the effect that:
1. the said persons have resided at least during the last three months in the Republic of Bulgaria or in another Member State of the European Union;
2. the said persons have not voted in the same elections of Members of the European Parliament: in the cases where the request is submitted after commencement of the election period determined by the Council of the European Union;
3. the said persons will not vote elsewhere in the same elections of Members of the European Parliament.