(1) The National Electoral Committee shall, after expiry of the term for the nomination of candidates but not later than on the fortieth day before election day, register all persons nominated in accordance with the requirements of this Act in the order of their nomination.
(2) Each candidate shall be assigned a registration number. Registration numbers shall begin at 101 and shall be assigned to the candidates in the order of their registration.
(3) If, within the term specified in subsection 31 (6) of this Act, a political party or an independent candidate fails to perform the acts required by the National Electoral Committee, the National Electoral Committee shall not register:
1) any of the candidates nominated by the political party if documents specified in clauses 30 (3) 1), 2), 3) or 4) of this Act are missing or if the documents contain errors or are not in conformity with the standard format;
2) a candidate if documents or information concerning him or her are missing or if their documents contain errors or are not in conformity with the standard format.
(4) The National Electoral Committee shall adopt a reasoned resolution on failure to register a candidate.
(5) The National Electoral Committee shall revoke a resolution to register a candidate if:
1) the candidate declines to stand as a candidate on the basis of a written application which may be submitted by him or her within three days after registration;
2) the candidate dies;
3) it is established that the candidate does not comply with the requirements prescribed in subsections 4 (4)-(6) and 29 (5) of this Act.
(6) The National Electoral Committee shall register a person who was not registered previously after the term specified in subsection (1) of this section if the Committee finds that the person complies with the requirements prescribed in subsections 4 (4)-(6) and 29 (5) of this Act or if the resolution of the National Electoral Committee not to register the candidate is revoked by a judgment of the Supreme Court.
(7) A resolution on registration may be revoked and a person who was not registered may be registered not later than on the day before the start of advance polls.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).