Registration of candidates
(1) The National Electoral Committee shall, after expiry of the term for the nomination of candidates but not later than on the fortieth day before election day, register all persons nominated in accordance with the requirements of this Act in the order of their nomination.
(2) Each candidate shall be assigned a registration number. Registration numbers shall begin at 101 and shall be assigned to the candidates according to the lists of political parties in an electoral district. Independent candidates shall be assigned registration numbers after the candidates of political parties have been assigned numbers. The sequence of assigning numbers between political parties and independent candidates shall be determined by drawing lots. [RT I 2004, 71, 501 - entry into force 29.10.2004] Page 14 / 32 Riigikogu Election Act
(3) If, within the term specified in subsection 31 (6) of this Act, the person submitting the documents has failed to submit the missing documents or data or to correct the errors in the documents for standing as a candidate, the National Electoral Committee shall not register: 1) any of the candidates nominated by a political party if a document specified in clauses 30 (3) 1), 2), 3) or 4) of this Act is missing or it contains material deficiencies; 2) a candidate who documents or data are missing or whose documents contain material deficiencies; 3) a candidate who does not comply with the requirements prescribed in subsections 4 (4)–(6) and 29 (5) of this Act. [RT I, 06.05.2016, 1 - entry into force 01.01.2017]
(4) The National Electoral Committee shall adopt a reasoned resolution on failure to register a candidate.
(5) The National Electoral Committee shall revoke a resolution to register a candidate if: 1) the candidate declines to stand as a candidate on the basis of a written application which may be submitted by him or her within three days after registration; 2) the candidate dies; 3) it is established that the candidate does not comply with the requirements prescribed in subsections 4 (4)–(6) and 29 (5) of this Act.
(6) The National Electoral Committee shall register a person who was not registered previously after the term specified in subsection (1) of this section if the Committee finds that the person complies with the requirements prescribed in subsections 4 (4)-(6) and 29 (5) of this Act or if the resolution of the National Electoral Committee not to register the candidate is revoked by a judgment of the Supreme Court.
(7) A resolution on registration may be revoked and a person who was not registered may be registered not later than by the thirteenth day before election day. [RT I, 01.11.2012, 1 - entry into force 11.11.2012]