(1) A voter shall vote in the polling division where he or she is entered in the polling list, except in the cases prescribed in §§ 41-45 and 47 and in Chapter 8 of this Act.
(2) In order to obtain a ballot paper, a voter shall present an identity document to the division committee. The voter shall sign the polling list against receipt of the ballot paper.
(3) The voter shall complete the ballot paper in a voting booth.
(4) The voter shall write the registration number of the candidate in the electoral district of his or her residence for whom he or she wishes to vote in the designated space on the ballot paper.
(5) The voter shall complete the ballot paper himself or herself. If he or she is unable to complete the ballot paper himself or herself due to a physical disability, another voter, but not a candidate in the election district of his or her residence, may do so at his or her request and in his or her presence.
(6) If a voter spoils the ballot paper, he or she has the right to be given a new ballot paper by the division committee. In such case the voter shall return the spoiled ballot paper to the division committee.
(7) After completing the ballot paper, the voter shall fold the ballot paper and hand it to a member of the division committee who shall affix the seal of the division committee to the outside of the folded ballot paper.
(8) The voter shall deposit the ballot paper in the ballot box himself or herself. If he or she is unable to deposit the ballot paper in the ballot box himself or herself due to a physical disability, another voter may do so at his or her request and in his or her presence.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).