Ascertaining of voting results at county level
[RT I, 06.05.2016, 1 - entry into force 01.01.2017]Riigikogu Election Act Page 25 / 32
(1) The vote counting committee provided for in subsection 59 (1) of this Act shall organise the counting of the votes and decide on the validity of a ballot paper.
(2) On the basis of the records received from the voting district committees, the vote counting committee shall verify the number of voters entered in the lists, the number of voters who were given a ballot paper, the number of ballot papers extracted from the ballot boxes, including the number of invalid ballot papers, and the number of votes cast for candidates and political parties, and shall enter these numbers in a standard format record. The result obtained shall be checked by recounting the ballot papers.
(3) If the numbers obtained by recounting the ballot papers are different from the numbers in the records of a voting district committee, the vote counting committee shall set out the differences and the circumstances which caused such differences in the appendix to the record. Records of the voting district committee shall not be amended. The vote counting committee shall adopt a resolution concerning the final voting results.
(4) The vote counting committee shall prepare a record concerning the voting results in a county, in each electoral district of Tallinn and in the city of Tartu which shall be signed by the county head of elections. The date and time of preparation of the record shall be indicated therein.
(5) Voting results shall be ascertained publicly. [RT I, 06.05.2016, 1 - entry into force 01.01.2017]