(1) Not later than when an election has been called shall the local council elect, for each polling district, not less than five and not more than nine polling supervisors to conduct the voting procedure and the vote count at the polling station.
(2) Polling supervisors are elected by proportional representation in one step from among all voters residing in the municipality.
(3) A voter standing as a candidate in the election is eligible as a polling supervisor.
(4) From among the polling supervisors the local council elects a chairman for each polling district. The chairmen are elected by proportional representa tion.
(5) The polling supervisors shall keep a poll book in which they enter all material information about the voting in the polling district and the result thereof. The Minister for Social Welfare shall lay down the rules governing the content and design of the poll books.