§ 47. Voting in Estonia by voters residing in foreign states
(1) A voter residing in a foreign state who has been entered in the list of voters permanently residing in a foreign state and who has not voted pursuant to the procedure provided for in Chapter 8 may vote during advance polls in any polling division designated pursuant to the procedure provided for in the first sentence of subsection 41 (2) of this Act.
(2) In order to obtain a ballot paper, a voter shall present an identity document to the division committee and shall be entered in the list of voters voting outside the polling division of their residence.
(3) A member of the division committee shall issue a ballot paper, two envelopes and the consolidated list of candidates in the electoral district of the residence of the voter to the voter. The voter shall sign the list of voters voting outside the polling division of their residence against the receipt of a ballot paper.
(4) The voter shall complete the ballot paper pursuant to the provisions of subsections 39 (3)-(6) of this Act.
(5) The voter shall place the ballot paper in one of the envelopes given by the member of the division committee. The voter shall place this envelope in the other envelope given by the member of the division committee. The voter or the member of the division committee shall write the name, personal identification code, residential address and number of the electoral district of the voter on the outer envelope. The voter shall deposit the envelope in the ballot box prescribed for the ballot papers of voters voting outside the polling division of their residence.
(6) Upon the verification of voting results, votes cast pursuant to the procedure prescribed in subsection (1) of this section shall be taken into account pursuant to the provisions of subsections 48 (1) and (2) and subsections 55 (2)-(6) of this Act.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).