§ 48. Taking votes cast during advance polls outside polling division of residence and electronically into account
(1) A division committee shall pack the envelopes with the ballot papers of voters who voted outside the polling division of their residence by county, by the cities of Tallinn and Tartu and by voters who permanently reside in a foreign state but voted in Estonia, and shall forward the envelopes to the electoral committee of the county of its location.
(2) The county electoral committee shall forward the envelopes with ballot papers specified in subsection (1) of this section to the electoral committees of the appropriate counties through the National Electoral Committee not later than on the second day before election day.
(3) After the close of electronic voting, the National Electoral Committee shall prepare a list of voters who voted electronically by polling division and shall forward the list to the county electoral committees not later than on the second day before election day.
(4) A county electoral committee shall forward the envelopes with ballot papers received pursuant to the procedure provided for in subsections (2) and (3) of this section from other county electoral committees and the envelopes with the ballot papers of persons who voted in foreign states and on board ships received from the National Electoral Committee and the lists of voters who voted electronically to the appropriate division committees not later than on the day before election day.
(5) After receipt of the envelopes with ballot papers and the list of voters who voted electronically pursuant to the procedure prescribed in subsection (4) of this section, the division committee shall check that each voter is entered in the polling list of the polling division and that he or she has not voted more than once. At least three members of the division committee shall be present during the verification.
(6) If a voter has not been entered in the polling list of a polling division or has voted several times, the division committee shall not take into account any of the ballot papers of the voter received pursuant to the procedure prescribed in subsection (4) of this section. If a voter has voted several times, including electronically, the division committee shall promptly send a corresponding notice to the National Electoral Committee. On the basis of the notice, the National Electoral Committee shall not take into account any vote cast electronically by the voter. If the voter has not voted in the polling division of his or her residence, a member of the division committee shall make a notation in the polling list concerning voting at the advance polls.
(7) After performing the acts prescribed in subsections (5) and (6) of this section, the division committee shall open the outer envelopes, deposit the inner envelopes with ballot papers in the ballot box used at the advance polls and seal the opening of the ballot box again.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).