(as of 23/04/15)
1. On the election day voting shall be held from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The PEC shall be obliged to inform voters about the time and place of voting through the mass media or by another means, no later than 10 calendar days prior to the voting and in the course of early and repeat voting - no later than 7 calendar days prior to the election day.
On election day at 7 a.m., the PEC shall have a meeting in the voting premises to conduct a draw and determine members of the commission, who will be doing the following:
- provide identification of voters in electronic version of the voter list together with an operator;
- register citizens in the paper voter list;
- issue the ballots - exercise control over movement of the voters to the voting booths casting the ballots into the ballot boxes;
Chairperson and Secretary of the PEC shall not participate in the lottery.
Chairperson of the PEC, in the presence of the PEC members, representatives of candidates, political parties and observers shall open a sealed safe containing the voter list of this precinct, ballots and a stamp of the PEC, and also documents on mobile voting; shall take the paper voter list, other equipment for work with electronic voter list out of the safe, read out the number of the voters included in the voter list, shall allow the attending persons get acquainted with the voter list, compare the paper and electronic versions of the voter list, and then distribute it among members of the PEC, who are responsible for registration of voters and filling out the paper voter list on the election day.
Chairperson of the PEC shall demonstrate empty ballot boxes to the members of the PEC, observers, representatives of the candidates, political parties, and media, and then seals them with a stamp of the PEC. Then Chairperson of the PEC shall put control sheets into the sealed ballot boxes. Control sheets shall indicate the number of the election precinct, the time of putting control sheets into the ballot boxes, the names of the chairman, secretary and other members of the PEC, the attending candidates, their representatives, observers and representatives of political parties. Control sheets shall be signed by the above mentioned persons and certified by the stamp of the PEC.
Chairperson of the PEC shall announce the number of ballots received from the superior election commission, and received for mobile voting. Members of the PEC shall count and announce the number of ballots in the presence of the representatives of candidates, political parties and observers; then Chairperson of the PEC shall provide ballots to the persons present for familiarization and shall enter the number of the ballots received by the PEC from the superior election commission into the protocol of voting results and in its post-size form.
After counting the ballots, the Chairperson of the PEC shall hand them over in batches of 100 pcs. to the members of the PEC who sign the receipt thereof in a register and are responsible for handing ballots out.
2. At the voting premises PEC members together with an operator provide an identification of voters based on their biometric personal data.
No consent of a voter is required for the identification against the biometrical personal data.
The following information is shown at the monitors, set at a place available for observation by representatives of the candidates, political parties, and observers:
- Total number of citizens, included into voter list at this polling station;
- Number of voters having voted so far at this polling station;
- Another information, defined by the CEC in coordination with the State Registry Service, in accordance with technical possibilities of the equipment.
After the identification, a cheque is to be printed out. It shall be provided by voter to a PEC member, who shall issue the ballot to the voter and retain the cheque.
3. When issuing the ballots, the PEC member defined by lots, shall register voters in paper voter list. The voter shall sign it confirming receipt of the ballot.
4. Each voter must vote in person; voting for other voters shall not be allowed.
5. Ballots shall be handed out to the voters included in the voter list, upon presentation of an identity document.
6. Serial number of the passport or identity document of the voter shall be entered into the paper voter list upon receipt of the ballot. The voter shall check correctness of the record and sign the paper voter list.
7. Ballot shall be filled out by the voter in a specially equipped booth or other specially equipped place, where no intrusion of other persons shall be allowed. A specially equipped booth or a specially equipped place must be established or manufactured to ensure secrecy of the voter’s will expression during filling out the ballot and control of the voter’s actions by members of the election commission and observers.
8. Voter shall put a mark in the appropriate field of the ballot to indicate a candidate or political party in whose favor the choice was made, or shall indicate his/her attitude by marking the “Against all” field.
9. If the voter thinks that during filling out the ballot he/she has made a mistake, he/she may apply to a member of a PEC, who had issued the ballot, with a request to give him/her a new ballot instead of the defective (wasted) one. A member of a PEC shall provide a new ballot and make an appropriate record in the voter list opposite the name of the voter. The defective (wasted) ballot shall be invalidated and a document of invalidation shall be drawn up.
10. A voter who has no possibility to sign for receipt of a ballot and to fill it out, shall have the right to use help of another voter, who is not a member of the election commission, a candidate, a representative of a candidate, a political party or an observer. In this case, the voter shall orally notify the PEC of his/her intention to take the help of another person.
11. The marked ballots shall be put by voters in a sealed (cored) ballot boxes. It is forbidden to take ballots outside the voting premises.
12. Chairperson of the PEC shall watch for public order in the voting premises. In the event of public order violation in the voting premises, Chairperson of the PEC shall have the right to seek help by applying to the officers of law enforcement agencies to ensure public order in the voting premises. After restoration of public order the officers must leave the voting premises. Instructions of the Chairperson of the PEC issued within his/her terms of reference without infringement of the rights of the election process participants shall be mandatory for everyone in the voting premises. In the absence of the PEC chairman, his/her powers shall be exercised by secretary of the PEC or a member of the commission, authorized thereby.
13. A member of the PEC shall be immediately dismissed from participation in its work; an observer and other persons shall be removed from the voting premises, if they try to obstruct the work of the election commission or the exercise of election rights by citizens and violate secrecy of election. In this connection, the PEC shall take a decision in writing. In doing so, the commission shall have the right to contact the appropriate authorities with a request to bring these persons to liability under the legislation of KR.
14. State bodies, local governments, governmental and municipal institutions and enterprises, as well as their officials shall be obliged to ensure public safety, smooth operation of public transport, communications, lighting and heating of the voting premises on the election day.
15. In case of a failure of the Automatic scanning ballot box during election day, the voting is provided by means of an additional Automatic scanning ballot box. In such case, the PEC compiles an Act, which is subject to signing by all PEC members and operators present.
In case of a failure of the additional Automatic scanning ballot box, the voting is provided by means of stationary ballot box. In such case, the PEC also compiles an Act, which is subject to signing by all PEC members and operators present.
In case of restoring the functioning the Automatic scanning ballot boxes during the election day, resuming of their use shall not be allowed.