Conduct of voting
1. Ballots shall be filled in by voters in a polling booth. While filling in the ballots, the presence of anybody in the polling booth, except the voter, shall be forbidden. The voter (elector) who cannot independently fill in a ballot shall be eligible to be assisted by a person to whom he/she trusts. After voting, the surname of this person shall be written down in the register next to the voter’s (elector’s) signature in confirmation of receipt of a ballot. This person cannot be:
1) a member of the election commission;
2) an official of the local representative or executive body;
3) a proxy of the candidate;
4) a journalist – a media representative;
5) an observer registered in the corresponding election commission.
2. The voter (elector) shall put any mark in an empty space to the right of the surname of the candidate for whom he/she votes.
In the ballot with the names of political parties the voter shall put any mark in an empty space to the right of the name of the political party for which he/she votes.
3. At elections of members of other than maslikhats local self-government bodies the voter shall put a mark in an empty space to the right of the surnames of those candidates for whom he/she votes.
3-1. It shall be inadmissible to mark the ballot with a pencil as well as to make any corrections in it.
4. The filled ballot shall be put by a voter (elector) in the ballot-box.
5. (The clause is excluded by the Constitutional Act of RK of 14 April 2004 No. 545-II).