The electronic electoral system
1. Electronic electoral system can be used during conduct of elections for the purposes of compilation of the voter registers, voting, determination of the voting and election results in the territory of the constituency.
During conduct of elections with the use of the electronic electoral system the norms of this Constitutional Act taking into account the peculiarities in the use of the electronic electoral system shall be applied.
2. The electronic electoral system is an assortment of information technologies, information networks, the software and hardware means designed for automation of the information processes during preparation for and conduct of elections.
The software and hardware means to be used in the electronic electoral system shall be certificated in compliance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. During conduct of elections with the use of electronic electoral system the proxies, observers and media representatives shall have the all rights and obligations stipulated by this Constitutional Act.
4. The electronic electoral system shall be used after it has been approved by the state commission established in the order to be determined by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Constituencies and electoral districts, where the electronic electoral system is used, shall be determined by the Central Election Commission depending on their readiness to use the electronic voting.
5. The equipment of the electronic electoral system with the issuing of a certificate shall be opened and installed in the presence of the members of the precinct election commission within three days prior to the Election Day.
Proxies, observers and media representatives shall be eligible to be present at the moment of opening and installation of the equipment.
Since the moment of the installation of equipment of the electronic electoral system the protection of the polling station shall be assigned to the officers of the internal affairs bodies.
6. On the Election Day since the moment of opening of the polling station and till transmission of the voting results to the Central Election Commission the local executive bodies shall ensure an uninterrupted supply of electric power at the sites, where the electronic voting takes place.
7. The order of the use of the electronic electoral system in respect to the part, which is not regulated by this Constitutional Act, shall be stipulated by the Central Election Commission.