Organization of the electronic voting
1. The chairperson of the election commission thirty minutes prior to the beginning of voting in the presence of the members of the commission shall:
check the operability of functioning of the electronic electoral system;
nominate the members of the commission responsible for registration of voters and i ssue of devices for electronic voting.
The proxies, observers and media representatives shall be eligible to be present during checking of the work of the electronic electoral system at the polling station.
Everyone shall be forbidden to exercise any actions with the electronic electoral system, except the cases stipulated by this Chapter.
2. Before the beginning of voting the chairperson of the election commission shall unseal the sealed password to start the electronic electoral system and shall launch the electronic electoral system. In this case the persons who are present at polling station must be ensured a possibility to be convinced beforehand of the integrity of protection measures in respect to the password.
3. A voter shall be admitted to the electronic voting on the basis of the voter registers upon submission of a document identifying the voter.
Launching of the electronic electoral system shall be conducted in the time, established by the Central Election Commission.
4. In case of voting outside the polling station according to this Constitutional Act, voters shall vote with the portable device which shall be equipped with a device to save the data about votes outside the polling station.
On the basis of voters’ applications submitted in compliance with clause 6 Article 41 of this Constitutional Act, the data about them obtained from the voter registers shall be entered beforehand in the portable devices for electronic voting.
5. The electronic voting shall be conducted by a voter in a polling booth where the presence of other persons shall be forbidden except of the voter and cases stipulated by clause 1 Article 42 of this Constitutional Act.
The voter with the use of control elements of the device for electronic voting shall select on the electronic ballot the surname of the candidate for whom he/she wants to vote and shall confirm his/her choice.
At voting for political parties, the voter with the use of the control elements of the device for
electronic voting shall select the name of the political party for which he/she wants to vote and shall confirm his/her choice.
The voter who has voted in a polling booth shall hand over the device for electronic voting to a member of the election commission.
6. In case of technical failure which may affect the conduct of the electronic voting and vote count, the election commission shall be eligible to take a decision about reloading of the program with an issuance of the protocols to be signed by members of the election commission.
Implementation of the given task shall be assigned to the expert ensuring operation of the electronic electoral system.
7. If the technical state of the equipment cannot ensure conduct of election in the proper manner, then, the voting in the corresponding polling station shall be postponed by a decision of the Central or corresponding territorial election commission for the term necessary to needed for a elimination of failure and organization of voting.
The voters who have voted in the corresponding polling station at the moment occurrence of such failure shall take part in the subsequent voting on the general basis.