Nomination of candidates to President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
1. The right to nominate the candidates to President shall belong to the republican public associations registered in the established order as well as citizens – by self-nomination.
2. Nomination of candidates to President shall begin on the day folowing the day of announcement and shall end two months before elections.
3. Candidates to President shall be nominated by the republican public associations on behalf of their supreme bodies. A public association shall be eligible to nominate the candidates who are not members of the given public association. A public association shall be eligible to nominate only one candidate to President. Decision to nominate a candidate to President shall be taken by a majority of votes of members of the supreme body of a republican public association and shall be drawn as an extract from the minutes. The decision of the supreme body of the republican public association shall be:
1) brought to the notice of the candidate to President;
2) submitted to the Central Election Commission with the application of the candidate to President on his/her consent to be nominated as a candidate.
4. Self-nomination of a candidate to President shall be carried out upon submission of a corresponding application to the Central Election Commission.
5. If on the day of the end of the term for registration of candidates, less than two candidates to President have been registered, the Central Election Commission shall extend the term of nomination of candidates but not more than for twenty days.