Nomination of candidates to the Senate deputies
1. Nomination of candidates to the Senate deputies shall begin since the day that follows the day of appointment of an election and shall end one month prior to the day of election.
2. Nomination of candidates to the Senate deputies shall be conducted:
1) at the sessions of the oblast (the city of the Republican status and the capital), urban and district maslikhats. The political parties, other public associations through their representatives in maslikhats shall nominate candidatures to Senate deputies of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan. In this case several maslikhats shall nominate one candidate;
2) by self-nomination.
3. A maslikhat deputy as well as a citizen living in the territory of the corresponding oblast, the city of the republican status or the capital of the Republic can be nominated as a deputy of the Senate.
4. The decision on nomination of the candidate to the Senate deputies to be taken by a majority of votes of the total number of the deputies representing the corresponding maslikhat shall be:
1) brought to the attention;
2) submitted to the election commission, accordingly, of the oblast, the city of the republican status and the capital of the Republic with the application of the candidate expressing his/her consent to stand for elections.
5. Self-nomination of candidates to the Senate deputies shall be carried out by the citizens through submission to the corresponding territorial election commission of an application expressing an intention of the candidate to stand for elections of the Senate deputies from the given administrative-territorial unit.
6. The oblast, urban (the city of the Republican status or the capital of the Republic) election commission shall establish within three days the conformity of the candidate to the requirements of the Constitution and this Constitutional Act and on the basis of the documents indicated in subclause
2) clause 4, clause 5 of this Article on his/her nomination within three days from the date of the end of a check shall issue for him/her the subscription lists for collection of electors’ signatures.
7. If on the day of the end of the term for registration of candidates, less than two candidates to the Senate deputies have been registered, the Central Election Commission on the basis of the presentation of the corresponding territorial election commission shall prolong the term for nomination of candidates but not for more than twenty days.