(1) A list of candidates may be submitted:
1) by a legally registered political party;
2) by a legally registered alliance of political parties.
(2) Lists of candidates shall be submitted to the Central Election Commission by the deadline and according to the procedure set by the Commission. A list of candidates shall be submitted by a person authorised by the decision-making body of the relevant political party or the alliance of political parties.
(3) Lists of candidates shall be accepted starting from the 80th day before election day; the 60th day before election day shall be the last day to accept the said lists.
(4) If the Saeima elections are held according to Article 48 of the Constitution, lists of candidates shall be accepted from the 50th day to the 30th day before election day.
(As amended by the 26 March 1998 Law, the 30 May 2002 Law and the 26 February 2009 Law)