Nomination of candidates to maslikhat deputies
1. Nomination of candidates to maslikhat deputies shall be made by the republican or local public associations registered in due order as well as by their structural divisions, and by citizens – through self-nomination.
2. Nomination of candidates to maslikhat deputies by the republican or local public associations and their structural divisions shall be made by their supreme bodies with indication of the electoral district in which each candidate shall stand for elections. The public associations shall not be eligible to nominate candidates out of the persons who are not members of the given public association. The public association or its structural division can nominate in each electoral district only one candidate to maslikhat deputy. The decision on nomination of candidates to maslikhat deputies shall be taken by a majority of the total number of members of the supreme body of the Republican or local public association and its structural division, and shall be validated in the format of an abstract of the minutes.
3. The decision of the supreme body of the public association:
1) shall be brought to the notice of the proposed candidate;
2) in case of receipt of the candidate’s application on his/her consent to stand for elections shall be delivered to the corresponding district election commission.
4. Nomination of candidates to the maslikhat deputies by citizens shall be made through self-nomination by submission to the corresponding district election commission of an application expressing the intent of an applicant to stand for elections to deputies of maslikhat in the given territorial electoral district.
5. Nobody can be nominated as a candidate from more than one electoral district.
6. Nomination of candidates shall begin two months before and ends one month prior to the day of elections if it is not established otherwise at appointment an election.
7. If by the day of termination of the term for registration of candidates to the corresponding electoral district, less than two candidates to deputies of maslikhat have been registered, then, the territorial election commission on the basis of the presentation submitted from the corresponding