Registration of candidates to members of the local selfgovernment bodies
1. Registration of candidates shall be carried out by the territorial election commissions.
1-1. Before registration, a candidate and his/her spouse shall submit declarations on income and property to the tax bodies by the place of his/her residence for the first day of the month when the nomination term starts which is established in the order and form fixed by the authorized body of the Republic ensuring tax control over fulfillment of tax liabilities before the state.
The authenticity of information about income and property declared by a candidate and his/her spouse shall be checked by the tax bodies within fifteen days since the day of registration of a candidate.
In this case, the organizations that were asked by the tax bodies to provide information about income and property of a candidate and his/her spouse shall be obliged to provide the requested information within four days since receiving the request.
2. Registration of the candidate nominated by the assembly of citizens shall be made on the basis of the following documents:
1) The minutes of the assembly of citizens;
2) Application of the citizen expressing his/her consent to run for the candidacy to members of the local self-government bodies;
3) The biographic data of the candidate;
4) (the sub-clause is excluded by the Constitutional Act of RK of 14 April No. 545-II);
5) A reference from the tax body confirming that the candidate and his/her spouse have submitted declarations on income and property;
3. Registration of the candidate to case of his/her self-nomination shall be conducted on the basis of the following documents:
1) Application expressing an intention to run for the candidacy to deputies;
2) The biographic data of the candidate;
3) (the sub-clause is excluded by the Constitutional Act of RK of 14 April No. 545-II);
4) A reference from the tax body confirming that the candidate and his/her spouse have submitted declarations on income and property.
4. Any number of candidates can be presented for registration.
5. The territorial election commission shall draw up the minutes about registration of candidates.
6. The territorial election commission:
1) within on the fourth day after registration of candidates shall publish in local mass media the announcement on registration with indication of the surname, given names, the year of birth, job position, work and home address of each candidate as well as by a consent of a candidate, data on his/her membership in a public association and ethnic origin;
2) shall issue approved certificates to the registered candidates;
3) shall refuse in registration or cancel the decision on registration of the candidate to the following cases:
infringements by the candidate of the rules on nomination, non-submission of the necessary documents for registration;
incompatibility of the candidate to the requirements stipulated in the Constitution and this Constitutional Act;
use by the candidate of his/her official or professional status for the purposes of the electoral campaign;
conduct by a candidate of a pre-election campaign before his/her registration, on the day of elections or the day preceding it;
establishment by court of the fact of distribution by the candidate and (or) his/her proxies of the false information discrediting the honor and dignity of the other candidate, damaging his/her professional reputation;
establishment by court of the facts of bribing the voters by a candidate and his/her proxies;
in other cases stipulated by this Constitutional Act;
3-1) shall cancel the decision on registration of the candidate to case of revealing at the moment of submission of a declaration the fact of non-authenticity of the data on income and property declared by the candidate or his/her spouse according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on struggle against corruption.
The refusal in registration or cancellation of registration can be appealed by candidates to the corresponding court.
Two days before Election Day cancellation of the decision on registration of a candidate or restoration of candidacy of the candidate who has earlier been withdrawn from registration shall not be allowed.
7. The refusal in registration of the candidate or cancellation of the decision on his/her registration can be appealed within three days by the assembly of citizens or the candidate to the superior territorial election commission or in court. In this case the territorial election commission or the court shall take a decision as regards the appeal within three days from the date of submission of the appeal.
8. Registration of the candidate shall begin twenty days before and end thirteen days prior to the day of elections.