Unified list of voters and its formation procedure
1. The unified list of voters shall be a list of individuals having active suffrage and registered under the procedure defined by the legislation of Georgia and shall be divided by electoral precincts.
2. The unified list of voters shall include the following data of voters:
a) first and last name
b) date of birth (day, month, year)
c) address (according to a Georgian citizen’s identity card or the Agency database)
d) personal number of a citizen of Georgia
e) actual place of residence (for IDPs from the occupied territories of Georgia or for individuals registered without an indication of address, for individuals removed from registration according to their place of residence, as well as for individuals whose registration has been declared invalid by a decision of the Agency, a temporary place of residence shall be indicated; for individuals living abroad, ‘on a consular registry’ shall be indicated, and, if individuals living abroad are not on a consular registry of Georgia, ‘staying abroad’ shall be indicated) f) date of entering in the unified list of voters
g) photo (the latest digital photo available in the electronic database of the Agency)
3. All data shall be entered in the unified list of voters according to the place of their registration. IDPs from the occupied regions of Georgia shall be entered in the unified list of voters according to their actual place of residence.
4. The CEC shall be responsible for creation of a unified list of voters, its computer processing, and posting on the official CEC website of the information designated as public (first name, last name; photo; date of birth; address according to the Georgian citizen’s identity card or according to the Agency database, also, an address of actual place of residence - for internally displaced persons (IDPs) from the occupied territories of Georgia, for individuals registered without an indication of address, individuals removed from registration according to their place of residence and for those whose registration has been declared invalid by a decision of the Agency; the date of registration of a voter in the unified list of voters).
5. The unified list of voters shall be drawn up based on the data:
a) held in the Agency database on the persons registered in their respective territories according to their place of residence, including the data on the persons who will have reached the age of 18 by Election Day, also based on the data of deceased persons. The unified list of voters shall not contain the data of persons whose identity documents last issued to them have been cancelled due to falsification or invalidation, or who have not obtained a valid ID card or passport of a Georgian citizen by the time of the current elections, unless those persons register at the Agency not later than the 11th day before Election Day;
b) communicated by the local self-government bodies about deceased individuals whose relatives have not applied to the Agency for a death certificate, also based on data received about changes to street and house names/numbers;
c) communicated by the Ministry of Accommodation and Refugees of Georgia and/or its territorial agencies about IDPs from the occupied territories of Georgia;
d) communicated by the Ministry of Defence of Georgia, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia, the Ministry of Corrections of Georgia, the State Security Service of Georgia, the Georgian Intelligence Service, and the Special State Protection Service about the military personnel and persons with a special rank, and by the Ministry of Corrections of Georgia about the personnel of the Medical Department, Penitentiary Department and penitentiary facilities whose service conditions require their presence at an address different from their place of registration, which falls within another electoral district;
e) communicated by the heads of consular offices of Georgia about the voters on a consular registry of Georgia;
f) communicated by the Legal Entity under Public Law – the Social Service Agency about persons who have been declared as beneficiaries of support by the court and who have been placed at an inpatient psychiatric facility under the Law of Georgia on Psychiatric Assistance;
g) communicated by the Ministry of Corrections of Georgia about persons who have been imprisoned as a preventive measure, who have been sentenced to deprivation of liberty for crimes of less gravity, also those who have been sentenced to deprivation of liberty for grave and/or especially grave crimes but who will be released from a penitentiary institution on Election Day due to the expiration of their sentence.
6. In order for the CEC to update a unified list of voters and the electronic database of the list:
a) the agencies referred to in subparagraphs (a-c) of this article shall submit updated or new data to the CEC on eligible voters four times a year - on 1 February, 1 May, 15 July, and 1 November of each year while the agencies listed in subparagraphs (f) and (g) of the same paragraph shall submit updated or new data to the CEC on persons having no voting rights within the same time frames.
b) state/autonomous republic and local self-government bodies shall, within the scope of their authority, inform the CEC and the Agency within 10 days after making a decision to give a name to geographical objects – self-governing units, settlements, administrative units of a self-governing city, historically formed neighbourhoods, micro-districts, other territorial units, squares, avenues, highways, streets, lanes, cul-de-sacs, passages, embankments, esplanades, boulevards, and alleys.
7. A party or an electoral bloc having gone through the electoral registration, observer organisations, and voters defined in Article 39 of this Law shall have the right to access the version of the lists of voters available in the CEC, DECs or PECs that are designated as public information (a voter may request all data available only about himself/herself and members of his/her family and may amend it) and in the case of any discrepancy, to request amendments to the data of voters and the lists of voters not later than 16 days before Election Day, or during a non-election period – at any time. The data shall be published and copies shall be provided as defined by the legislation of Georgia for accessibility to and release of public information.
7.1. A public version of the unified list of voters with photos shall be released to the persons indicated in the seventh paragraph of this article only in electronic form. To obtain the list, an authorised person shall present to the Agency an electronic storage device with adequate storage capacity.
8. During elections, the Electoral Administration shall verify the lists of voters. A DEC shall review the verification results and make respective decisions within two calendar days after filing an application, but not later than 14 days before Election Day. An ordinance issued by the same commission about the refusal to amend the data of voters/the lists of voters shall be well-founded and submitted to an applicant on the day following its publication, upon request.
9. A DEC ordinance for making amendments to the data of voters/the lists of voters shall be submitted to the CEC and respective PEC within two days.
10. A DEC ordinance about the refusal to amend the data of voters/the lists of voters may be appealed to any respective district/city court within two days. If a lawsuit is satisfied by the court, the court decision shall be submitted to the DEC within two days, but not later than the 11th day before Election Day. The DEC shall immediately submit appropriate information to the CEC and the respective PEC. Election commissions shall immediately make respective amendments to the data of voters/lists of voters.
11. A PEC shall be provided with the public version of the unified list of voters not later than the day of its first meeting. The list shall be signed by a chairperson and a secretary of a DEC. The PEC shall also be provided with the final version of the updated lists (versions designated for election commissions and the version designated for public information) not later than the second day before Election Day. The public version of the unified list of voters (without photos) shall be immediately posted in a conspicuous place within PEC premises.
12. A DEC shall decide by ordinance the matter of registration of voters who have failed to go through registration within the time frame defined in law, provided that an application and other respective documents (entry in a Georgian citizen’s passport about crossing the state border, certificate from an inpatient facility, certificate of release from a penitentiary institution) are submitted. The DEC shall review the application of a voter within two days after its submission, or immediately if less than two days are left before Election Day. The voter shall be notified of a negative decision immediately. If such voter applies to the Electoral Administration on polling day for participating in elections, the voter shall be registered by the respective PEC and shall attach photocopies of respective documents to the lists of voters.
13. It is prohibited to amend lists of voters within the last 10 days before Election Day, except as defined in the twelfth paragraph of this article, and any amendments from the 13th to the 10th day before Election Day may be made only by a court decision.
14. The CEC shall, within five days after calling elections and thereafter not later than the fifth day before polling, post the total number of voters in Georgia and in every electoral district in Georgia on its website.