(1) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Act, the Commission shall provide mixed polling places for the purposes and in the manner provided for by this section.
(2) A mixed polling place is a polling place which contains a ballot box for each electoral division and where the voters mentioned in paragraphs (a) and (b) of subsection (4) of this section shall vote independently of the electoral division where they may be registered in the last published! Electoral Register by casting their vote in the ballot box appertaining to the electoral division where they are registered.
(3) The Commission shall only provide mixed polling places in the following localities:
(a) at the place where the counting of votes is to take place in terms of section 45 of this Act;
(b) at Saint Vincent de Paule.
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, every person who shall have been selected to serve as an Assistant Electoral Commissioner, including those selected to serve as reserves, shall cast their vote at the place indicated in paragraph (a) of subsection (3) of this section, and shall do so the day preceding the polling day between 7.00 a.m. and 10.00 p.m.
(b) For all effects and purposes of this section, the persons who shall vote in accordance with paragraph (a) shall be all those whose name is published in the list referred to in subsection (6) of section 59 of this Act, even if any one of such persons shall have resigned his appointment after the publication of that list.
(c) All voters who seven days before polling day shall be resident, but not registered as voters, at Saint Vincent de Paule shall vote at the place indicate(1 in paragraph (b) of subsection (3) of this section, and it shall be the duty of the sub-committee set up under section ~ of this Act, to determine who these voters shall be.
(5) For all effects and purposes of this Act a mixed polling place shall be considered as an ordinary polling place and the rights and duties imposed on the Commission and persons appointed by it, political parties, agents and candidates shall mutatis mutandis apply.
(6) A copy of the list of persons entitled to vote in a mixed polling place shall be given by the Electoral Commission to the political parties at least four days prior to polling day..
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).