Submission of party lists
1. In order to run for a Sakrebulo through the proportional electoral system, parties and electoral blocs independently participating in the elections shall submit their party lists to the corresponding DEC chairperson following the registration, but not later than 30 days before Election Day.
2. All parties and electoral blocs independently participating in the elections shall be authorised to submit only one party list.
3. The number of Sakrebulo candidates in the presented party list shall not be less than the number of members to be elected under the proportional system and shall not exceed triple that number.
4. A party list may include only a member of the given party or a person who is not a member of another party participating in the elections. A party list submitted by an electoral bloc may include only a member of a party united in the given bloc or a person not being a member of another party participating in the elections.
5. The procedure for drawing up a party list shall be determined by parties and electoral blocs, taking into account that the seats acquired by the party or the electoral bloc on the basis of the election results shall be distributed sequentially from the beginning of the list onwards and shall ensure gender balance with respect to additional funding as envisaged by the Organic Law of Georgia on Political Unions of Citizens.
6. The party list shall provide the following data for each candidate:
a) first and last names
b) date of birth
d) position (activity)
e) place of work (if unemployed, indicate ‘unemployed’)
f) party affiliation (in the case of being a party member; and if not, indicate ‘nonpartisan’)
g) personal number of a citizen of Georgia
h) place of registration
i) title and number of the local majoritarian electoral district, if nominated.
7. The party list shall be verified by the signature of the leader of the party independently participating in the elections. A party list of an electoral bloc shall be endorsed by the signatures of the leaders of all parties united in the bloc.
8. A photocopy of the identity card of a citizen of Georgia or of the passport of a citizen of Georgia, two photos of each candidate and a registration card (two copies) signed by each candidate, indicating the date of its completion, shall be attached to the party list. In addition to the candidate’s personal data (first name, last name, personal number of a citizen of Georgia, address (according to the identity card of a citizen of Georgia or the Agency database), date of birth), the party list shall indicate the fact that the candidate has permanently resided in Georgia for five years, including for the last two years; it shall also contain the candidate’s consent to run for office on the party list.
9. The corresponding DEC shall forward the registration cards for Sakrebulo elections in advance to the representative of a party/electoral bloc. Upon the receipt of the documents, the representative of a party, electoral bloc shall be provided with the dated certificate confirming the receipt of the documents.