1. A court of the appropriate level shall not deny acceptance of a grievance against a violation of electoral rights, the right of citizens of the Russian Federation to participate in a referendum.
2. An appeal against a decision of a commission about registration, refusal to register a candidate (list of candidates), a referendum initiative group, another referendum participant group, on certification, on refusal to certify the list of candidates, the list of candidates in the single-seat/ multi-seat election districts, may be submitted within ten days after the decision that is appealed against was made. This period shall not be restored (extended).
(in the version of Federal Law of July 1, 2010, # 133-FZ)
3. After the official publication of the results of an election, a referendum, a grievance against a violation of the electoral rights of citizens and the right of citizens to participate in a referendum that occurred in the period of the election campaign, a referendum campaign may be submitted to a court within one year after the day of publication of the results of the relevant election, referendum.
(in the version of Federal Law of July 21, 2005, # 93-FZ).
4. A decision on grievances received before the voting date, in the period of an election campaign, a referendum campaign shall be adopted within five days but not later than the day preceding voting day, and immediately if received on voting day or the day following voting day. If the facts stated in the grievances require additional verification, decisions on them shall be taken within ten days. A court shall make a decision with regard to an appeal against a commission’s decision on vote returns, the results of an election, referendum within two months after the day on which the appeal was submitted.
(in the version of Federal Law of July 21, 2005, # 93-FZ)
5. An application for annulment of registration of a candidate, a list of candidates may be submitted to a court not later than eight days before voting day (including repeat voting day). The court shall take a decision not later than five days before voting day. Article 79. Responsibility for the Violation of Russian Federation Laws on Elections, Referendums (in the version of Federal Law of July 21, 2005, # 93-FZ) The liability for violation of Russian law on elections and referendums is established in federal laws.