1. Documentation of the Precinct Election Commissions (including ballots), Territorial Election Commissions shall be kept in secured premises and transferred to the superior Election Commissions within the time periods established by this Federal Law.
2. Documentation of the Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation, Election Commissions of the subjects of the Russian Federation, Territorial Election Commissions together with the documents of the Precinct Election Commissions transferred to them for keeping shall be kept within the periods established by the law of the Russian Federation.
(clause 2 as amended by Federal Law No. 93-FZ as of July 21, 2005)
3. Ballots, absentee certificates, lists of electors and their signatures shall be kept for a period of at least a year from the day of official publication of the results of the Russian Federation presidential elections.
4. First copies of the voting results minutes of the Election Commissions, minutes of the results of the Russian Federation presidential elections and summary tables, Election Commissions reports of federal budget funds allocated for preparation and holding elections and reports of application of these funds, final financial reports prepared by registered candidates shall be kept for a period of at least five years from the day of official publication of the results of the Russian Federation presidential elections.
(clause 4 as amended by Federal Law No. 93-FZ as of July 21, 2005)
5. In case of court processing of complaint against the decision of the Election Commission on the results of voting and elections, institution of criminal proceedings, connected with violation of voting rights of citizens, period of keeping of the relevant election documentation shall be prolonged until the court decision enters into force or the case is terminated in accordance with the law.
6. Responsibility for provision of election documentation safety until it is transferred into the superior Election Commission or to archive or until it is destructed on expiry of the keeping periods shall be imposed on the chairman (deputy chairman) and secretary of the relevant Election Commission.
(as amended by Federal Law No. 93-FZ as of July 21, 2005)