(1) The lists of candidates and independent candidatures for the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies shall be filed with the constituency electoral bureaus, no later than 45 days before the election date. (1^1) The lists of candidates and independent candidatures for the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies in the electoral constituency for the Romanian citizens domiciled or residing abroad shall be filed with the electoral bureau for the Romanian citizens domiciled or residing abroad, no later than 60 days before the election date. (1^2) The lists of candidates proposed by the organisations of citizens belonging to national minorities for all electoral constituencies, according to Article 54 (4), shall be filed with the Central Electoral Bureau, no later than 60 days before the election date.
(2) The lists of candidates for the election of Senators and Deputies must be drawn up so as to ensure representation of both genders, except for the lists including a single candidate.
(3) The number of candidates on each list can be higher than the number of mandates resulting from the representation rate by two and up to a quarter of the total number of mandates; fractions are rounded up to 1, regardless of their value.
(4) In the same electoral constituency, a political party, political alliance or electoral alliance can propose, for each Chamber of Parliament, just one list of candidates. The political parties in the political alliances or electoral alliances can participate in the elections only on the alliance’s lists. A party can be a member of a single political alliance or electoral alliance. (5) No independent candidatures shall be accepted on the lists of candidates filed by the political parties, political alliances or electoral alliances. No lists of independent candidates shall be accepted.
(6) The same person can stand as candidate either for a mandate of Deputy or for a mandate of Senator and only in one electoral constituency.
(7) Candidatures on several lists of candidates or both on lists and as independent are null as of right. The nullity shall be ascertained by decree of the electoral bureau of the electoral constituency or, where appropriate, of the Central Electoral Bureau.
(8) Nominations shall be done in four copies, by the political parties, political alliances, electoral alliances, organisations of citizens belonging to the national minorities taking part in the elections, under the signature of their managing bodies or of the persons appointed to sign them, and, in the case of independent candidates, based on the declaration of acceptance of the candidature signed by them.
(9) In the case of political alliances and electoral alliances, the nominations shall be signed by the management bodies of every party in the alliance.
(10) Nominations must include the electoral constituency, the candidate’s last name, first name, personal identification number, domicile, place and date of birth, occupation, profession, as well as the Chamber of Parliament for which (s)he runs, and, in the case of political or electoral alliances, the party having proposed him/her.
(11) Nominations shall be accompanied by the statements of acceptance of the candidature, signed and dated by the candidates, as well as by the declaration of assets and of interests of each candidate.
(12) The statement of acceptance of the candidature shall include the electoral constituency in which (s)he runs, the last name, first name, personal identification number, political party or alliance having proposed him/her, profession, occupation and political affiliation of the candidate, his/her express consent to stand as candidate for the respective function, as well as the mention to be meeting the conditions set by law for standing as candidate.
(13) All candidates born before 1 January 1976 shall give a sworn statement, according to the criminal law, concerning their membership or not to the former Securitate as the political police.
(14) Cannot stand as candidates the persons who, on the date of filing of the candidature, do not meet the requirements set by law for being elected.