(1) The constituency electoral bureau shall examine the observance of the legal requirements for the exercise of the right to be elected, the observance of the substantive and formal conditions of the list of supporters, registering the candidatures meeting these conditions or dismissing the registration of those that do not meet the legal conditions.
(2) The original copies of the nominations shall be kept at the constituency electoral bureau and the other two, certified by the constituency electoral bureau through the signature of its president, while mentioning the date and time, the registration number and by affixing the stamp, shall be remitted to the applicant. One of the copies remitted to the applicant shall be registered by the latter, within 48 hours from remittance, with the county court in whose territorial jurisdiction the electoral constituency is located. For the electoral constituency for the Romanians domiciled or residing abroad, the registration shall be done with the Bucharest County Court.
(3) Within 24 hours from the registration of each candidature, one of the copies of the nomination shall be displayed by the constituency electoral bureau at its premises, in a visible place.
(4) Candidates can renounce their candidature, by the time limit for submitting candidatures. For this purpose, the person concerned shall give a sworn statement that (s)he shall file with the constituency electoral bureau.
(5) Electoral competitors can withdraw a nomination and make a different such nomination by the time limit for submitting candidatures. The withdrawal of the candidatures shall be done through an application signed by the same persons who signed the nomination.
(6) In the event of a renunciation to a candidature after the time limit for submitting the candidatures, the electoral competitors shall not have the possibility to replace the candidate. In case of death of a candidate after the time limit for submitting the candidatures, the electoral competitors shall not have the possibility to replace him/her.
(7) If the death occurred before the printing of the ballot papers, the respective candidate shall no longer be included on the ballot paper. If the death occurred after the printing of the ballot papers, the voting shall be carried out on the ballot papers thus printed and the deceased candidate shall not be allotted any mandates.