(1) The acceptance, by the constituency electoral bureau or by the Central Electoral Bureau, where appropriate, of a candidature, shall be done within 48 hours from its submission, through decision and it can be challenged by the citizens holding the right to vote, political parties, political alliances, electoral alliances and organisations of citizens belonging to national minorities, within 48 hours, at the most, from the date the decision of acceptance is posted.
(2) Dismissal, by the constituency electoral bureau or by the Central Electoral Bureau, where appropriate, of a candidature, shall be done within 48 hours from its submission, through decision and it can be challenged by the candidate or by the electoral competitors having made the respective nomination, within 48 hours from the date the candidature dismissal is posted.
(3) The Central Electoral Bureau and the constituency electoral bureaus shall draw up minutes indicating the date and time the decision for the acceptance or, where appropriate, dismissal of a candidature is posted.
(4) Candidatures in several electoral constituencies or both for the office of Senator and for that of Deputy, except for those referred to in Article 54 (4), are null as of right. The nullity shall be ascertained by decision of the Central Electoral Bureau.
(5) Challenges shall include the last name and first name, address and capacity of the dissenter, the last name and first name of the person whose candidature was accepted or dismissed, a presentation of the grounds of the challenge, the date and signature of the dissenter and the indication, where appropriate, of the person appointed to represent the dissenter.
(6) The challenge and the request for appeal shall be filed with the court competent to settle them, under penalty of nullity. (7) Challenges concerning the decisions of acceptance or dismissal of candidatures adopted by the constituency electoral bureaus shall be settled within 48 ho
urs from their registration, by the county court in whose territorial jurisdiction the electoral constituency is located. Challenges concerning the decisions of acceptance or dismissal of candidatures adopted by the Central Electoral Bureau or by the constituency electoral bureau for the Romanian citizens domiciled or residing abroad shall be settled by the Bucharest County Court. The ruling shall be posted at the premises of the court having delivered it, in a visible place.
(8) An appeal can be lodged against the ruling issued following the challenge, within 48 hours from its issuance, with the hierarchically superior court. The appeal shall be settled within 48 hours from its registration.
(9) The ruling issued following the appeal is final.