(1) Every voter must vote personally. No representation is permissible.
(2) The voters appear before the district election commission or special district election commission and vote in the order in which they arrive at the polling station.
(3) After entering a polling station, each voter shall establish his/her identity and citizenship of the Czech Republic7) by a valid regular, diplomatic or service passport of the Czech Republic, by another travel document7a) (hereinafter only the “passport”) or by a valid personal identity card7b). As soon as he/she is marked in an excerpt from a permanent list or a special list, every voter shall receive an empty official envelope from the district election commission. Upon request, his/her missing, crossed out or otherwise marked ballot tickets will be replaced by the district election commission.
(4) If a voter fails to establish his/her identity and citizenship of the Czech Republic7), he/she shall not be permitted to vote.
(5) Any voter not included in an excerpt from a permanent list yet able to demonstrate his/her right to vote in the relevant election district shall be registered by the district election commission in the excerpt from the permanent list on the spot and allowed to cast his/her vote. Each voter using an electoral card shall hand it over to the district election commission or special district election commission upon his/her arrival. His/her electoral card shall be attached to an excerpt from a special list.
(6) No other personnel, including the members of the district election commission or special district election commission, may enter the section designated for the completion of ballot tickets with any voter. This provision does not apply to voters unable to complete their ballot tickets themselves due to disability or illiteracy. Such voters may be accompanied by another voter, excluding the members of the district election commission and special district election commission, who will complete their ballot ticket in accordance with their instructions and place it in an official envelope.
(7) Any voter may ask his/her local authority and – during the elections – also the relevant district election commission to be allowed to vote outside the polling station, at a place located in the area falling within the district election commission’s territorial competence, due to serious, above all health-related, reasons. In such a case, the district election commission concerned shall send two of its members equipped with a mobile ballot box, an official envelope and ballot tickets to the place chosen by the voter. The members of the district election commission are obligated to proceed in compliance with the principles of secret ballot. Mobile ballot boxes may not be used for voting purposes outside the territory of the Czech Republic.
7) Article 20 of Act No. 40/1993 Coll. on acquisition and loss of the citizenship of the Czech Republic.
7a) Article 5, Section 1, Subsections a) through d) of Act No. 329/1999 Coll. on travel documents and on change of Act No. 283/1991 Coll. on the Police of the Czech Republic, as amended (the Act on Travel Documents).
7b) Act No. 328/1999 Coll. on personal identity cards.