73.-(1) For each polling district the election committee shall recount and reassess the ballot papers according to the rules in sections 68 and 69. The results of the counts shall be entered in the election records. Then the number of votes allocated to each party and each independent candidate shall be summed up for the nomination district as a whole. The result shall be entered in the election records and be announced to those present.
(2) The number of votes for the nomination district as a whole is tabulated concurrently, to establish the allocation of votes in respect of each individual candidate, cf. subsections (3) to (5).
(3) If the voter has put a cross against the name of a candidate, or against both the name of a candidate and the name of the party accommodating the candidate, the ballot paper shall be deemed as cast in favour of such candidate (personal vote). Similar rules shall apply if, on the advance ballot paper, the voter has indicated the name of a candidate or both the name of a candidate and the name or letter designation of the party accommodating the candidate.
(4) If the voter has put a cross against the name of a party or within the party field in such a way that there is doubt as to which of the party's candidates the voter intended to give his vote, the ballot paper shall be deemed to have been cast in favour of the party (party vote). Similar rules shall apply if, on the advance ballot paper, the voter has indicated the name or the letter designation of a party or the names of more than one candidate standing for the same party in the multi-member constituency.
(5) In case of candidature by district, the party votes according to subsection (4) shall be allocated to the party candidate in the nomination district. In case of candidature in parallel the party votes shall be distributed among the party candidates in the nomination district in proportion to their number of personal votes, cf. subsection (3). If two or more candidates have an equal title to a party vote, the Minister for the Interior shall arrange to draw lots. If, in the nomination district, the party does not have a candidate standing, the party votes shall not be allocated to any candidate, but shall be listed separately as "other party votes". If a party list has been registered, these votes shall, however, be allocated to the candidate registered as the first candidate in the party list in the multi-member constituency.
(6) The result of the counting and allocation of the votes cast shall be entered in the election records and be announced to those present.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).