(1) An person eligible to vote registered in the voters' register shall receive a polling card on application
1. if, during polling hours on election day, he or she will be outside his or her own polling district,
2. if he or she moves to a place of residence in another polling district and has not been registered in the voters' register of the new polling district,
3. if, for professional reasons or as a result of illness, old age or physical infirmity or other-wise on account of his or her physical condition, it would be impossible or unreasonably difficult for him or her to go to the polling station.
(2) A person eligible to vote not registered in the voters' register shall receive a polling card on application
1. if he or she certifies that, through no fault of his or her own, he or she has failed to meet the deadline for application under Article 18 (1) or the deadline for objections under Article 22 (1),
2. if his or her right to participate in the election did not begin until after the periods stipulated in Articles 18 (1) or 22 (1),
3. if his or her right to vote was ascertained by means of the objection proceeding and the ascertainment thereof only came to the attention of the local authority after the closure of the voters' register.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).