(1) Each polling station must have a sufficient number of ballot boxes, voting booths, stamps marked “VOTED”, proportional to the number of voters on the copies of the permanent electoral rolls and to the estimated number of voters who will be included in the tables stipulated in Art. 9, as well as a special ballot box.
(2) The voting booths and ballot boxes must be placed in the same room where the electoral bureau of the polling station is placed. The voting booths and ballot boxes shall be provided by the mayors of the communes, towns, municipalities and of the administrative-territorial subdivisions of municipalities, together with the prefects.
(3) The president of the electoral bureau of the polling station together with its members shall be present at the premises of the polling station, on the eve of the election day, at 6:00 p.m., having the obligation to order all the measures necessary for ensuring order and fairness of the voting operations. Between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., the president of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall receive, according to the provisions of Art. 45 paragraph (1), the requests for voting by means of the special ballot box. The president of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall make sure, with the support of the mayor, that all the electoral propaganda materials of any kind are removed from the premises and outside the premises of the polling station, and shall order the setting up of watch posts around the voting premises.
(4) Upon departure, the president of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall seal the entry into the voting premises by affixing the control stamp on a paper tape. Leaving the voting premises in possession of the control stamp or of stamps marked “VOTED” shall be forbidden.
(5) On election day, the activity of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall start at 6:00 a.m. The president of the electoral bureau of the polling station, in the presence of the other members and, as the case may be, of the accredited persons, shall check the ballot boxes, electoral rolls, ballot papers and the stamps, by writing down at points e) and i) in the written report stipulated in Art. 49 paragraph (1) the number of the ballot papers received, the number of the stamps marked “VOTED” received, respectively. As he opens the sealed packages, the president makes sure he affixes the control stamp on the last page of each ballot paper in these packages. After these actions are completed, the president shall close and seal the ballot boxes by affixing the control stamp on all their openings, except for the slit through which the ballot papers shall be introduced. The lack of ballot papers shall be written down at point j) in the written report stipulated in Art. 49 paragraph (1).
(6) The president of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall have the obligation to take the necessary measures so that the elections are conducted in good conditions. His duties shall also be exercised outside the voting premises, in the courtyard, at the entries into the courtyard, around the voting premises, as well as in the streets and in public squares, up to a distance of 500 m.
(7) The measures ordered by the president of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall be brought to public knowledge by posting in visible places.
(8) The administrative measures ordered by the electoral bureaux concerning the electoral posting shall be carried out by the mayor of the administrative-territorial unit, as soon as these have been communicated.
(9) To keep order, the president of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall have at his disposal the necessary means of order, provided by the mayor and the prefect, together with the representatives of the Ministry of Administration and Interior.
(10) Except for the members of the electoral bureau of the polling station, the candidates and observers, no other person may stay in the public places in the voting area or on the voting premises longer than the time necessary to vote.
(11) Throughout the voting process, the members of the electoral bureaux, the persons in charge with keeping order, and the accredited persons shall not be allowed to wear name tags, badges or any other signs of electoral propaganda.
(12) On voting day, between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., the selling and consumption of alcoholic beverages shall be prohibited in the protection area of the polling station stipulated in paragraph (6).
(13) For the polling stations abroad, the provisions of this article shall be applied, as the case may be, by taking into account the specific circumstances regarding the organization thereof.