(1) Receiving donations or legacies from natural or legal persons shall be done only through a financial manager, appointed for this purpose by the leading bodies of the political party.
(1-1) In the case of the elections for the Chamber of Deputies and Senate, the donations and the legacies for a candidate or political party, received after the official announcement of the elections date, shall be done only through a financial manager of the candidate or of the political party. This manager may be appointed by the leading bodies of the political parties, of the political alliances, electoral alliances, organizations of the Romanian citizens belonging to national minorities, for their candidates, or he/she may be personally chosen by each candidate.
(2) The financial manager has the obligation to keep the evidence of the financial operations, as it follows:
a) at national level, in the case of elections for the President of Romania and for the elections of Romania’s representatives within the European Parliament;
b) for each electoral college, in the situation of the elections for the Chamber of Deputies and for the Senate;
c) for each electoral county circumscription, in the situation of the elections for county counsellors and presidents of the county councils;
d) For each electoral local circumscription, for the candidates for the mayor and local counsellors functions.
(3) The financial manager has the following attributions:
a) organizes the book keeping for the incomes received for the electoral campaign, the transfer of other funds coming from the revenues obtained in other periods than the electoral one, as well as the expenditure made for the electoral campaign;
b) Checks the legality of the financial operations made during the electoral campaign, the observance of the legal provisions on the donations registered in the period between the official announcement of the elections date and the end of the electoral campaign;
c) Sends to the Permanent Electoral Authority the report on the observance of the legal conditions regarding the financing of the political parties during the electoral campaign.
(4) The financial manager is held responsible together with the political party which appointed him/her for the legality of the financial operations made during the electoral campaign as well as for the observance of the provisions of art. 23 - 25.
(5) The financial manager may be a natural or a legal person.
(6) A political party may have several financial managers, at a central level, for the territorial branches or for the candidates; in this situation their powers of manager shall be clearly delimited and a coordinating financial manager shall be appointed.
(6-1) The coordinating financial manager is representing the party in the relationship with the Permanent Electoral Authority.
(6-2) During the campaigns for the elections of the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate, the financial operations of each candidate are registered by a personal financial manager, which may be the same for several candidates. The financial managers of the candidates shall send the reports stipulated by the law to the Permanent Electoral Authority, through the coordinating financial manager.
(6-3) The Permanent Electoral Authority can request, whenever it considers necessary, supplementary documents or explanations to the financial managers of the candidates.
(7) The services of the same financial manager cannot be used by several political parties, with the exception of the situation in which the political parties are part of the same political or electoral alliance.
(8) The quality of financial manager is obtained only after its official registering at the Permanent Electoral Authority. The registering of the financial manager shall be made in the period between the moment of the official announcement of the elections date and the beginning of the electoral campaign, being published within the newspapers or on the website of the political party.
(9) The candidates are not allowed to be financial managers.